Monday, November 24, 2008

Kindergarten Update

We recently took another field trip with Kindergarten. First we went to Papa John's Pizza and they got a "behind the counter" tour and then they each got to make their own little pizza! YUMMY! They were soooo good! After we enjoyed our pizzas we went to tour Florida Hospital. The kiddos got to see the nursery where babies are born, the pediatric wing, the ER, warehouse, fitness center, X-Ray center and the lab! We had such a sweet "pink lady" to show us around. I really appreciated the time each station took, especially the pediatric wing. They showed the kids inside a room and told them what to expect if they ever had to come because they were sick or hurt! I think the kids really enjoyed seeing all the neat stuff. They finished off the tour with cookies and milk in the cafeteria.


Here are some pics of our different fall activities. Mrs. Halloran's and Miss Bagwell (I mean Mrs. Brooker's) classes got together for a Thanksgiving play. My camera is on it's last leg so unfortunately I only have a few pics. But they were so cute depicting the pilgrim's voyage and arrival in the new world, their encounter with Squanto and the Indians and their thanksgiving feast. The songs they sang were very cute too. We ended with our own feast in the classroom with parents. It was a lot of work (I cooked my FIRST TURKEY EVER the night before. Yes, I was so very proud of myself. haha. I can still remember my kindergarten thanksgiving feast and how fun and special it was!

No comments: