Saturday, July 12, 2008

50th Stay At Home Work Camp

I wrapped up my last camp for the summer this past week. It was the third camp. I updated previously on the first camp-week long high school(aprx 100). The second camp was a four day middle school camp (aprx 80). WOW! I understand why it is only a four day camp. Let's face it...how many people do we know have looked back to their middle school years and said those were the best years of their life? However, they did have a blast working and playing and were able to get SOME roofing, painting and demolition accomplished. The third camp was another four day camp (8-12 grade aprx 70). It was Lake Wales Care Center's 50th camp. They flashed back to the good old days and returned to the HEART Village to stay this time. H.E.A.R.T. is a third world missionary training village behind Warner Southern College. NO ELECTRICITY OR RUNNING WATER! You read it ride. These campers and leaders were AWESOME TROOPERS! We had a great time working, playing and growing together. I am not sure exact totals of how many roofs, paint sites, demo and wheel chair ramps there were, I'll update when I get a total, but I can tell you it is impressive what these campers accomplish in their very own community. Serving God by serving others.

Camp 2 middle school
Heart Camp 3

No comments: