Monday, April 6, 2009

Safe and Sound

All has settled down at our home! Though we did have quite the drama for about 24 hours with the FBI, Highlands County Sheriff herself, and lab techs doing an investigation at our home...the only house in our neighborhood to be a "victim"! You can read the link to the newspaper article from today for the stats (sorry but all I can say is what an idiot!) In a nutshell...I was in Orlando for a few days shopping with mom when Mic called my cell phone in a panic!!!!! All I could hear were people talking, asking questions, something about anthrax and FBI at our house! He had come home from picking up Hunter after work, checked the mailbox and saw that we had a white envelope with a smiley face drawn on the front. He had heard of the lock down at our local hospital due to the envelopes with anthrax threat on them so he immediately called 911 and within minutes our house was in a frenzy! Most of you locals know that it was a ridiculous April Fools hoax. Well I hope the suspect can laugh for the next 79threats x 15years per threat (1185 to be exact) he could face in prison for second degree felony hoax of a weapon of mass destruction! Anyway, I am very glad all involved are without worry. Though we do get jittery at night when we hear noises outside. Our once white mailbox is now dirty black from finger print dust. And of course my wonderful husband does not have my instinct to capture on film the men in white suits walking around our house but you could just imagine I am sure! So next year I would much rather have Saran wrap over the toilet seat than have a white envelope in my mailbox! And I really Lord forgive me just want to smack the grin off this guys face! Sorry guys! Mamma is riled up about this one!

http://www2.highlandstoday.com/content/2009/apr/04/041511/la-anthrax-hoax-suspect-faces-75-felonies/

No comments: