Tuesday, March 10, 2009

First ER Trip!!!!!!

Late night, crowded lobby, lots of sick scary people....and Hunter's mama giving people what for because my little baby was having an allergic reaction gone bad! He conclusively had a reaction to medication. He broke out in hives on a Friday night. I wasn't really alarmed because he acted fine. By Saturday night he started looking REALLY scary but the on call Dr. led me not to worry. Sunday morning we drove to St. Pete to my grandma's 92 b day with the whole fam. After we had been there a bit Hunter looked bad and began swelling (feet, hands, face, ears). That is when I started to panic. We left immediately to head back home. I was worried it might be contagious and we sure did not want to put his little cousins we were visiting with at risk! By the time we were home his hands and feet had completely swelled together so we headed to Lakeland's ER because they have a pediatric ER unit and our pediatrician recommended we go there if we think we can make it. So we booked it there of course! Sunday night made for a VERY crowded lobby. It was late and Hunter was so tired and just wanted to sleep. He had developed a high fever and hands, feet and ears began to turn blue. At this point I am FREAKING OUT! And all I can do is pray JESUS JESUS JESUS!!!!!!! Nana and Popi Halloran arrived to be there for their little man (helped mommy and daddy out!)We waited a few hours and finally got back. They treated him immediately (once we got back there) with some steroids ect. Michael and I got to watch Charlie & the chocolate factory in his room while he slept and let the meds get into his system. (Most expensive movie rental ever! HA) We got to leave right at midnight! Took about a week or so for his spots, bruises and swelling to go away but is doing just fine now. Thank you Nana and Popi for being there, thank you Laci for getting my sub and class taken care of and for talking to me while I was freaking out in the waiting room, and THANK YOU JESUS for taking care of my precious angel!
Friday night breakout

Saturday night
Look mom I am just fine!

2 comments:

The Revell Family said...

Oh my goodness! I'm so glad he's okay now. The Lakeland ER is CRAZY busy all the time! Poor little Hunter!

Laci Brooker said...

I was happy to help you! That is what friends are for! :) I felt so bad for Hunter (and you and Michael too). I am so thankful to have you as a co-worker and a best buddy! :)